Alfa Laval Aalborg is the world's market leader in supplying marine thermal fluid systems. Aalborg EX is a forced-circulation vertical heater for recovering heat from exhaust gas.
In addition to engineering and production of the thermal fluid heater units, which we deliver complete with burner and control system, Alfa Laval Aalborg supplies the following equipment:
- Expansion tanks
- Dump coolers
- Tank cleaning heaters
- Heat exchangers
- Electrical heaters
- Unfired steam boilers
- Spare parts
Safety and control systems
Alfa Laval Aalborg's thermal fluid systems can be supplied with an in-house developed PLC-operate control panel. Through the 12inch touch screen of this control panel, the operator has a clear overview of the complete heating system and its status. The different kind of field-bus connections for communication mean that connecting a second touch screen and/or connecting the system to a central alarm is very simple.
Features and benefits
- Forced-circulation vertical heater for recovering heat from exhaust gas
- Designed with low pressure loss
- On request equipped with integrated inlet and outlet boxes
- Coils made of bare tubes
- Integrated exhaust gas by-pass damper as an option (up to 80,000 kg/h exhaust gas flow)
- Top-mounted water washing system for soot cleaning during non-operation and fire fighting
- Soot cleaning system during operation fitted at exhaust gas inlet
- Capacity: 100 - 5.000 kW
- Design pressure:10/13 bar(g)
- Thermal fluid design temperature:300 ºC
How it works
Thermal fluid systems on ships are used to supply heat for various kinds of heat consumers like fuel oil tanks, separators and fuel heaters and to heat all types of cargo such as bitumen, oil products and chemicals.
Also tank washing systems, steam generators and central heating systems are typical fields of application.
In thermal fluid systems, the produced heat is transferred to the ship’s heat consumers by means of a transfer fluid, usually a mineral oil. Pumps circulate the fluid through the closed system, passing the fuel oil fired heaters and economisers.
The fluid remains in liquid phase during the entire process enabling high temperatures with the lowest pressures possible. The simplicity of the system and the preserving nature of the oil makes this a very reliable and low maintenance solution. The system is easy to operate and due to the system design the thermal oil has a long lifetime.
Advantages for shipyards
- Fast and professional proposals
- Complete engineered system solutions
- More than 30 years of experience in thermal fluid technology
- In-house production of core products
- Simple system with a limited number of components to be installed
- Delivery of all necessary system components
- Compact heaters with a small footprint
- Small heating surface in the tanks
- Extensive list of references
Advantages for shipowners
- High temperatures with low pressures
- Fully automatic safety system
- Low fuel consumption
- Easy operation
- Low maintenance costs
- Long life of thermal fluid due to the optimal system design
- Innovative capabilities of the complete Aalborg Industries Group
- Integrated PLC control and Energy
- Management System (EMS)
- Global After Sales support network