Alfa Laval Alhop Dry Hopping System is a stand-alone unit for medium size breweries that accelerates and facilitates the dry hopping/cold hopping process that is becoming increasingly popular through the growing interest in IPA beer types.
Enhanced yield and taste stability as well as reduced use of hops
- Fast and efficient extraction rate owing to dynamic agitation
- High product throughput while no risk of clogging thanks to the cross flow process
- Simple and automatable system
- Minimal introduction of hop solids into the tank
- Reduced product losses
How it works
Alhop Dry Hopping - How does it work?
After their introduction in the Alhop, the hop pellets are disaggregated within the beer seamlessly blended and kept homogenized in the cross flow recirculation loop. While the Alhop is continuously fed with beer, dry hopped beer flows continuously out through the Alhop's ingeniously designed strainer.
- Continuous feeding of beer in Alhop and flow of dry hopped beer out through specially designed strainer
- Recovery of beer trapped in the system by concentration and diafiltration process
- Washing off hop slurry with deaerated water for alpha acids recovery
Once the Alhop extraction process is over, the beer trapped in the system is reclaimed through a concentration and diafiltration process. Every drop of beer is meticulously salvaged, ensuring that no fragment of its essence is lost within the brewery process.
To recover the hop's alpha acids, the hop slurry undergoes an additional purification process with deaerated water (DAW). This final fusion transforms hops so that they are primed and ready to be transported through the pumpable suspension channels in DAW.
Food system services
Alfa Laval Food system services help extend the performance of your food systems by maximizing the performance of your processes. This enables you to:
- Continually improve your operations to maintain competitive advantage
- Focus on uptime, optimization and availability
- Maximize return on investment throughout the life cycle of your food systems