Top ten tips for membrane solutions
How to keep your membrane solution in tip top condition
- Plan maintenance intervals and use genuine Alfa Laval membranes and parts
- Secure data logging of the plant to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Ensure sufficient pre-treatment of the feed to be processed
- Keep the membranes moist and add a preservative solution during shutdowns
- Ensure that operating conditions remain within the recommended limits of the membranes
- Avoid permeate back-pressure and any abrupt cross-flow, pressure, or temperature variations
- Minimize the increase of operating pressure for MF and UF, to avoid premature fouling
- Start Cleaning-in-Place (CIP) based on low capacity or high pressure thresholds; monitor CIP efficiency (water flux)
- To save chemicals and water, check the condition and dosing of cleaning agents
- To help boost output and quality, consider plant audits by Alfa Laval experts
You might also be interested in...
What is membrane filtration ?
What is membrane filtration? How does it work? What are its applications and advantages? Our specialists give answers to these questions in details.