Pharmaceutical water systems
Water is an essential ingredient to pharmaceutical manufacturing. Once purified, non-compendial water, purified water or water for injection must be stored and distributed in systems appropriately designed, installed, commissioned and validated. Choose an Alfa Laval hygienic equipment below in the process chart for full information on our solutions for pharmaceutical water systems.
Alfa Laval LKH
Reliable and energy-efficient, this high-performance pump operates continuously to prevent stagnation and subsequent contamination in pharmaceutical water distribution loops. The Alfa Laval LKH pump maximizes process efficiency, uptime and product quality. Ideal for use in standard pharmaceutical water systems, such as for the distribution of non-compendial or purified water. The hygienic design is seen in the external shaft seals for safe and easy leak detection as well as the open impeller facilitating high flow on the back of the impeller to avoid bacteria build up.
- Reduces waste, emissions and carbon footprint
Alfa Laval LKH UltraPure
Highly efficient and reliable, this centrifugal pump with its advanced hygienic design optimizes high purity water system processes, such as for the distribution of purified water or water for injection. The Alfa Laval LKH UltraPure pump provides repeatable, contamination-free performance. Moreover, it is easy to clean thereby offering validated low life-cycle production. Various options, such as a special flushing kit and long lasting shaft seal specially designed for the water-for-injection distribution loop, makes it easy to meet industry requirements.
- Cuts energy costs due to high efficiency operations
- Eases maintenance due to long-lasting shaft seal that is easy to clean
- Reduces waste, emissions and carbon footprint
Alfa Laval Unique DV-P UltraPure
Perfect for use in pharmaceutical water systems, this reliable diaphragm valve provides twice the flow rate with lower pressure drop than traditional diaphragm valves. This makes it possible to create a more efficient system, for instance, by enabling the use of smaller pumps, which In turn contributes to significant annual savings. Its single-thread tightening mechanism and built-in click and positioning systems ensure fast, safe, reliable fastening. Moreover, the seat design creates flow characteristics that make the DV-P UltraPure highly suitable for use as a regulating valve.
- Ensures safe, long-term, highly reliable operation
- Provides low pressure drop for energy savings
- Reduces maintenance due to its easy-to-service design
Alfa Laval Unique DV-ST UltraPure
Highly suitable for the demands of pharmaceutical water systems, this compact, lightweight diaphragm valve is modular in design, which enables a wide range of purpose-built configurations. It consistently delivers documented, reliable and contaminant-free performance due to specified sulphur content that contributes to superior weld quality and high-quality valve bodies with low delta-ferrite.
- Ensures safe, long-term operation of pharmaceutical water systems
- Minimizes the risk of rouging
- Saves energy, eases installation and makes steam sterilization more efficient
- Minimizes the risk of contamination due to the fact that all standard valves are fitted with a leak detection hole for easy inspection
Alfa Laval Safety Valve
The Alfa Laval Safety Valve protects water distribution tanks and pipelines against overpressure that may arise from unexpected operating conditions. This maximizes uptime, safeguards operation as well as system operators, and guarantees trouble-free, hygienic operation of pharmaceutical water systems.
- Safeguards and prolongs the service life of pharmaceutical water systems
- Secures a safe working environment for system operators
- Supports operating flexibility
Alfa Laval Pharma-line
Designed to meet the demands of pharmaceutical water systems, this high-quality shell-and-tube heat exchanger functions both as a heater and a cooler. In addition to the usual heat exchangers features that prevent contamination, the Alfa Laval Pharma-line is noteworthy for its hygienic design with double tube sheet for leak detection.
- Provides exceptionally high quality with controlled manufacturing techniques that include welding, tube expansion, tube bending and polishing, making the Alfa Laval Pharma-line one of the best choices for heat exchangers for pharmaceutical water distribution systems. We also offer a unique inspectable inner tube package.
- Facilitates safe and easy installation, validation, operation and maintenance due to complete, easy-to-use Alfa Laval Q-doc documentation package
Alfa Laval Pharma-X
Ideal for point-of-use cooling, this compact heat exchanger features a unique tube-in-tube design, no internal welds, and full drainability on the product side. Designed to remain sanitized even when not in use (standby mode), it also promotes high shear force, high turbulence and optimal heat transfer efficiency. Its low hold-up volume and quick heat exchanger response mean cold water is available within seconds, minimizing water waste.
- Installs easily due to its plug-and-play design
- Reduces waste of expensive pharmaceutical water
- Minimizes the risk of biofilm buildup
- Provides instant cooling
Alfa Laval UltraPure Tubes and Fittings
For uncompromising quality that matches the exact requirements of your pharmaceutical water systems, choose Alfa Laval UltraPure bends, tees, reducers, clamps and connections. Alfa Laval ASME BPE certified tubes and fittings ensure problem-free welding and assembly, maximum uptime and optimal product quality. 100% incoming and outgoing inspection of materials, dimensions, marking, packing and labeling. With a proven 90-year track record as a major pharmaceutical supplier, we guarantee safe and easy installation.
- Provides safe, easy installation and validation
- ASME BPE certfication ensures high, consistent quality
- Enhances product purity and safety
Alfa Laval Sani SB
A great choice for the holding tank in a pharmaceutical water distribution loop, the Alfa Laval Sani SB Rotary Spray Head provides uniform wetting of the tank wall to prevent destruction or degradation of the passive layer and erosion of iron in the nozzles, minimizing the risk of rouge. Running on a water film, there are no bearings and few moving parts. This allows for quick and easy commissioning, validation and increases service life.
- Minimizes risk of rouge in the tank
- Eases installation and replacement of existing static spray balls
Alfa Laval Temperature Transmitter
This compact, hygienic measuring device provides an accurate indication of process temperature in pharmaceutical water systems.
- Provides fast, accurate temperature measurement on a configurable touch display
- Displays current temperature values as well as temperature development over a period of time
Alfa Laval Level Switch
Suitable for use in pharmaceutical water systems, this hygienic level switch provides accurate and reliable remote water level indication in the holding tank.
- Enhances process reliability due to fast and accurate indication of tank liquid levels
Alfa Laval Pressure Transmitter
A high-precision pressure measurement device indicates the pressure in pharmaceutical water systems.
- Accurately and reliably indicates pressure in pharmaceutical water systems
Alfa Laval Conductivity Transmitter
Highly accurate and hygienically designed, this device measures the conductivity and temperature of pharmaceutical water systems. These measurements are recognized among the best means to assure ionic impurity control in pharmaceutical water systems.
- Provides accurate and reliable measurement of the ability of pharmaceutical process water to conduct an electric current